The Brexit Thread

Crims

Wethermon
Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well yeah, this country has been running out of kilter since brexit in lots of different ways and also the overall damage that the tories are doing to it.

Crims

Wethermon
Well yeah, this country has been running out of kilter since brexit in lots of different ways and also the overall damage that the tories are doing to it.
It's not like a given lol

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. What's not a given?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, until Labour come in, we're screwed unfortunately. This shower is so corrupt. :mad:

Mars

Staff Member
Yeah, until Labour come in, we're screwed unfortunately. This shower is so corrupt. :mad:
Labour is not the answer to what ails Britain, nor is any other party.
The enormous damage done by Brexit is being felt all over, like a vice, like a bloody garrote it tightens its grip around the country's throat.
The only thing that will rescue this country is the abolition of Brexit and re-entry into the EU, but no party even goes there. They all take brexit as here to stay forever.

I cannot sing the praises of the Labour party, as they sit on their backside and do nothing to reverse the looming horrors of ULEZ. In the latest magazine issued by our Labour council, they sing the praises of ULEZ, glibly suggesting to people to leave their cars at home, and walk to work instead. :mad: Too far? take the bus!
Screw them. (sorry, couldn't help it).

Crims

Wethermon
I cannot sing the praises of the Labour party, as they sit on their backside and do nothing to reverse the looming horrors of ULEZ. In the latest magazine issued by our Labour council, they sing the praises of ULEZ, glibly suggesting to people to leave their cars at home, and walk to work instead. :mad: Too far? take the bus!
I have the same view as you regarding this, neither side of the government interest is with me. The assurance of the elite has been galling and surprises me more.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Labour is not the answer to what ails Britain, nor is any other party.
The enormous damage done by Brexit is being felt all over, like a vice, like a bloody garrote it tightens its grip around the country's throat.
The only thing that will rescue this country is the abolition of Brexit and re-entry into the EU, but no party even goes there. They all take brexit as here to stay forever.

There's no good option unfortunately. However, allowing the Russian-backed* tories to stay in power is the worst mistake that one can make, so they absolutely must be voted out at the next GE. And they will unless Starmer screws up with idiotic election campaign attack ads against the tories that everyone's against and alienates voters. Note that while the information in that ad may be true (I don't know if it is, but likely is) it's failing at the core function of turning voters off the tories and onto Labour. It therefore should be pulled, not defended.

The fact remains that as long as the tories remain in power, we will never rejoin the EU as this whole thing came from them, along with pressure from Nigel Fartage, someone whom I respect so much, I can't even spell his name right.

It gets me too how everyone with influence continues to pander to brexshit like it's some kind of untouchable holy presence. However, I saw a video a while back from A Different Bias that explained that no party can get back in at the moment on a policy of straight up rejoining the EU, because while the country is indeed turning against brexit, infuriatingly, it's still not the sea-change of voters turning against it and wanting to get back in, required for them to do so and hence they'd likely lose the GE. I still think that these parties could do more, but that's the gist of it. I wish there was some easy way to find that video among his sea of videos on that YouTube channel so you could see for yourself what he said. He explained it very thoroughly from various different angles.

Here's a general link to the channel if you wanna check it out:

And yeah, that whole ULEZ thing is pretty bent too. Thankfully, the mayor is getting sued over it as you can see below. The hearing is due in July and if they win, it will stop the expansion. Here's hoping.

Sadiq Khan once more proving that the ULEZ is all about air quality and nothing to do with scamming motorists out of thousands...

*Remember that Russia document that was supposed to be published years ago showing the connection between the tories and Russian donor money? It's still suppressed to this day oddly enough. The Good Law Project are a worthy legal outfit exposing such corruption. Read more about this here:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Brexit continues to harm the country. This example is especially apt, because the ARM CPU was designed by British company Acorn and first released in 1988 for its groundbreaking Archimedes line of computers of which I had one. Truly amazing for its time and I remember it fondly.

Brexit “idiocy” is partly to blame for Arm’s decision to choose New York over London for its stock market listing, but a secondary listing in the UK at a later date would make sense, according to a co-founder of the Cambridge-based chip designer.

Arm’s parent, the Japanese conglomerate SoftBank, has officially filed for a US-only listing, in a blow to the UK government, which has lobbied hard for a London listing.

Arm aims to raise $10bn (£8bn) and could achieve a valuation of between $30bn and $70bn in what is likely to be one of the biggest US floats this year, Arm’s co-founder Hermann Hauser said, adding that it would have struggled to raise this amount of money in the UK. “Softbank really needs the money to further support the growth of Arm,” he said.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
First article explains just how badly exports and investment have been hit. The second how the country is further turning against brexit. Heck, even Farage is admitting it's a disaster!

Mars

Staff Member
First article explains just how badly exports and investment have been hit. The second how the country is further turning against brexit. Heck, even Farage is admitting it's a disaster!

If this is how the people feel, then the party that will promise in its manifesto to rejoin the EU, will win the nxt election; but they all keep quiet about it. I mean, when you say Farage is admitting its a disaster.... it is telling!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If this is how the people feel, then the party that will promise in its manifesto to rejoin the EU, will win the nxt election; but they all keep quiet about it. I mean, when you say Farage is admitting its a disaster.... it is telling!
Well, I've seen it explained that what matters are that thin line of floating voters who win and lose elections for parties and that unfortunately, they're still a bit too brexity, hence Labour feels it still has to tiresomely pander to them. While there's truth to this, I'm not entirely convinced by it and I'm thoroughly sick of this pandering too.

Wish I knew where that video explaining this was now to show you, but looking through them on A Different Bias's channel is like look for a needle in a haystack. Thought I'd posted it in NZ, but it seems I haven't.

Crims

Wethermon
I never believed the Tories value the UK first, and the more pomp it had the more they put towards perpetuating fantasy. My dislike for Tories notwithstanding.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Another brexit "benefit" strikes.

At 10.34am on Monday, the final Eurostar “Disneyland Express” will depart from London St Pancras International. The direct high-speed rail link to the heart of the theme park east of Paris has been running since 1996, except for a pause during the Covid crisis.

But Eurostar is now ending the service because of extra red tape brought in as a result of Brexit. The UK government negotiated for British passport holders to become “third-country nationals” – with a hard European Union frontier installed at St Pancras station for outbound passengers.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Good news for a swifter return to the fold.

Britain can reverse Brexit and rejoin the EU any time it likes Michel Barnier has said.

The former Brexit negotiator said the UK knew "exactly" what the conditions for rejoining the bloc were and that “the door is open”.

But speaking to ITV's Peston programme Mr Barnier blasted Boris Johnson's handling of talks with Brussels – accusing him of disrespecting his own signature on the deal he signed.

"The point is not to sign a treaty, the point is to respect the treaty and to respect its own signature," Mr Barnier said of the ex-PM's approach.

"I never understood, I do not still understand, how the prime minister of such a country, a great country like the UK, can be able not to respect his own signature.”

Well, it's obvious how he can disrespect his own signature: Johnson is a con man who never intended to uphold his side of the bargain. To him, this whole thing was just a way for him to benefit himself with money and power. Barnier can't say this in public though due to libel laws, but he knows it too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Phil explains the strategy required to make rejoining happen.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mars

Staff Member
brexit..... was from its inception and is now, for all to see and suffer, an unmitigated disaster.
I would like to believe that the party that will include in its manifesto a commitment to rejoin the EU, will win the next election.
Starmer, it's time to start pushing for rejoining and ditch the obnoxious "make brexit work" mantra.

It looks like Labour has joined the ranks of turncoats and U-turners.

Back
Top Bottom