Yes! Elon Musk walks away from Twitter purchase

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is great news! He's a little too much for "freedom of speech", to the point where he was talking about possibly allowing Trump back onto Twitter, a big no-no. Also, it's not healthy if just one man controls such a high profile communication platform that millions around the world use. Twitter currently has a board of directors, which is as it should be for such a platform.

But now Twitter want to sue him for breach of contract. One couldn't make this up lol.

Elon Musk is ending his $44bn (£36bn) bid to buy Twitter, alleging multiple breaches of the merger agreement.
The announcement is the latest twist in a long-running saga after the world's richest person decided to buy Twitter in April.
Mr Musk said he had backed out because Twitter failed to provide sufficient information on the number of spam and fake accounts.
Twitter says it plans to pursue legal action to enforce the agreement.
Mr Musk faces a $1bn (£830m) break-up fee and possible lawsuit by opting out.

Elon Musk.jpg

Arantor

I always interpreted his “freedom of speech” as “freedom to offend who I want with no repercussions” and not extending that same freedom equally.

StojanTim

It was bad news on so many grounds - his vision of free speech allowing the platform to contain hate, plus all that power in the hands of someone with a track record of drug use and unpredictable behaviour. What could possibly have gone wrong? Especially if Trump was allowed back on! :eek:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I've been suspicious of his whole play on Twitter from the beginning. Not surprised how this all played out.

Back
Top Bottom