The official NerdZoner's weather zone! How's your weather today?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
That heatwave has finally finished. What a relief.
Yay! Hopefully, you are done with the heat and fall will kick in now.
Had our first lot of 20 degree weather! Decent weather to do loads of washing in and hang them outside
Sounds like great weather.

We had rain for the first time in three months today. The weather people said we would have a lot of rain, so far it was just light rain and poof gone. I'm happy though. Also happy to say sayonara to summer of 2023.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yay! Hopefully, you are done with the heat and fall will kick in now.
The weather was comfortably warm today, rather than hot, so yeah, I think that heatwave is over. I've actually got the fan running right now though as it still feels good to have cool air blowing over my head.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
We've had so-so weather for the past couple of weeks; just hot. Not tonight, though. We are in for severe storms. Here's a pic I just took. A funnel cloud just forming is never a good sign.

funnel.jpg

October, November and sometimes early December are volatile stormy months as winter tries to settle in.​

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
At 27c, it feels like the heating is on and I need to use the fan, but I just double checked and it's not. Having my gaming rig running next to me isn't helping, either. The temperature outside in my area is 24c though.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
At 27c, it feels like the heating is on and I need to use the fan, but I just double checked and it's not. Having my gaming rig running next to me isn't helping, either. The temperature outside in my area is 24c though.

Your temp at 27C (80F) is still pretty warm....sorry your room is even hotter than outside. Hope it cools off soon.

We woke up 9C (49F) this morning. First cold morning we've had since early spring last year. It won't last long though. The storm system that came in the other night brought in a cold front. Our temps are still are going in the right direction though with temperatures getting more manageable for fall with 80'sF during the day and lower 60'sF at night. The following week dropping into the 70's during the day. I'm sure I'll be complaining how cold it is soon. :ROFLMAO:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The weather is still really mild for the season, but it looks like it's finally gonna plummet. I don't think we've had below zero anywhere in the UK for over a year.

Wow, like a switch turned off in the UK and now the cooler weather is on it's way. I'm sure you all are welcoming the change. We are too.....major change again this week with another 10 degree drop into the 70's F (21c). October has been an especially dry month though, no rain expected, at least nothing to count on.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well, it's not been heatwavey, just comfortable, so I'd have preferred it to have stayed like this.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Storm Babet is really causing havoc in Scotland and people have already died, unfortunately. Where I am, it's simply cold and rainy, but safe.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Storm Babet is really causing havoc in Scotland and people have already died, unfortunately. Where I am, it's simply cold and rainy, but safe.

I'm so sorry to hear that terrible news about Scotland. Glad you are safe and sending positive vibes to the UK and Scotland.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yay, Britain's weather is British again! Cold and miserable, just how we like it. :ROFLMAO:

Rain warnings are back in place in parts of the UK - kicking off four days of miserable weather as communities reel from the impact of Storm Babet.

The Met Office issued a yellow warning for downpours in Scotland and Northern Ireland from midday on Friday, including areas hit by flooding last week.

In Scotland, it covers Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Dundee, and Perth and Kinross.

It will last until at least 6pm on Saturday, and the Scottish Flood Forecast warned "significant flooding impacts" are likely across the next few days.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Wow, lots of rain and cold for the UK. Same for us this weekend....we are getting remnants from hurricane Otis, lots of gulf moisture and are expecting extreme downpours, scattered thunderstorms, unseasonably cold temps and flooding.

Stay warm and safe nerdzoners :)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
We're not supposed to get tornados in the UK. Another consequence of climate change for sure.

Shocking!! Just read your link and even before I got to the strength assessment I was thinking it was an EF3 (US), but they have assessed it at a T4 (UK) in your article. Wow, lots of damage and very scary when a tornado is rain-rapped which is what it sounded like by the way the neighbor described her experience. Glad that everyone is okay, but a lot of damage.
A tornado in the UK? Never seen one in 20+ years
I was wondering about that? You all had Babet recently too, which caused some damage? That wasn't exactly a normal hurricane either, that hit both Scotland and some of the UK and the fact that it caused so much damage?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
More storms to hit the UK. I'm sure it's nothing to do with climate change...

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
More storms to hit the UK. I'm sure it's nothing to do with climate change...
Is this time of year usually stormy in the UK as winter settles in or has winter temps already arrived?

We are just having mild weather, no extremes highs or lows and no rain either for another week. Usually November and sometimes October are a little turbulent, but not this year. I am predicting December in the US south will be atypical, much like 2015 when we were in an El Nino pattern like now.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The weather is pretty rubbish, cold, wet and miserable at this time of year - typically British - as we're in winter, but specifically this many storms in a short period of time is a bit unusual and a classic symptom of global warming.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The weather is pretty rubbish, cold, wet and miserable at this time of year - typically British - as we're in winter, but specifically this many storms in a short period of time is a bit unusual and a classic symptom of global warming.
Interesting that you have had so many storms this winter already. I expect this winter, in more of the northern regions for most will be also exceptional this year too. Hope you get a break in your rainy cold soon!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The temperature round here is hovering at around zero at the moment. Therefore, while it's so cold, the spiders that I find in my home that I'd nomally put outside* get a reprieve, bless 'em.

*Assuming I can catch the little buggers!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The temperature round here is hovering at around zero at the moment. Therefore, while it's so cold, the spiders that I find in my home that I'd nomally put outside* get a reprieve, bless 'em.

OMG, I have a "no kill" rule on spiders too.....unless they are massive man-eating spiders, I will do my best to swoosh them outside with my broom.

That's pretty cold. We have also been cold and dry. Some rain and storms, finally tomorrow, yay! Just what I need to be driving in while I'm out tomorrow afternoon....sigh. :rolleyes:

Stay warm y'all! :)

Geffers

Linux enthusiast

Spiders, I always capture them and put them out. My favourite device is a tumbler then a card under the glass.

Geffers

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Seems when we have average winter temperatures in UK my friend in California gets lower night time temperatures than here but I don't think she's ever had sub freezing temperatures. Her bonus though is even in the winter daytime temperatures reach 24 to 26c of 75 to 80f

She is in Southern California, believe the North of the State can get cold.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Spiders, I always capture them and put them out. My favourite device is a tumbler then a card under the glass.

Geffers
Nice trick to capture and release.
Seems when we have average winter temperatures in UK my friend in California gets lower night time temperatures than here but I don't think she's ever had sub freezing temperatures. Her bonus though is even in the winter daytime temperatures reach 24 to 26c of 75 to 80f

She is in Southern California, believe the North of the State can get cold.

Geffers
Those are perfect temps for winter in Southern Cali. Freezing weather can do so much damage to homes.

Back
Top Bottom