The Trump downfall thread

live627

What's even more galling is how Ukraine still hasn't received its $60b aid from America all because the Republican party are blocking it... because Putin-loving Trump doesn't want Ukraine to have it and he's not even in power. Yes, because of just one nasty man Ukraine is now losing the war and more are dying. Just how infuriating is that?! :mad:
Apparently I cannot assume that you know that Trrump is not the Republican Party.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Apparently I cannot assume that you know that Trrump is not the Republican Party.
My point is that he has them in his pocket so they won’t help Ukraine because he doesn’t want them to. You know that’s true.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This article says the opposite of what I said in post 649 and unfortunately, I believe they might be right.

Trump is proving extraordinarily hard to take down, despite the overwhelming evidence for his crimes that would have nailed anyone else. I can honestly see him succeeding in brushing off all these lawsuits. The huge question mark against him is paying that vast fine of $500m and rising that he can't get out of that should cripple his ability to fight and to campaign. I wouldn't put it past him on that too, though.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm getting the feeling that I should rename this The Trump Rises Like a Phoenix Thread as the Supreme Court gave the expected verdict of keeping Trump on the ballot despite his insurrection in a 9-0 (unanimous) verdict. They've now claimed only Congress can rule on this, effectively making it impossible to enforce section 3. Notice how they've carefully navigated the issue, wording everything just so to keep him in play?

Here's the full judgement:

Notice how, critically, they carefully avoided passing judgement on whether he's an insurrectionist, something that they actually could and should have done since that's what he's being prosecuted for and was put in front of them. Something really smells here.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's CNN's take on this.

Note how by hamstringing the enforcement of section 3, the judges have given all future insurrectionist presidents the green light to do this at will as there's no accountability and Trump has gotten away with it scott free in this respect. He can still be tried for it and found guilty, so hopefully that will actually happen. It's an extremely bad precedent that's a big threat to democracy and music to Putin's ears. I admit to being very frustrated by this result.

Notice how no one took credit for writing the opinion since they know what a crock of shit it is and are too cowardly to take the heat for it.

Retired judge Luttig has also said that this decision ensures that section 3 has now been effectively neutered for Trump and all future presidents.

live627

yo, this thread is about Trump, not Putin. But while we're on the subject, Putin likely finds Trump unpredictable and hard to outmaneuver, which is probably why he said that he favors Biden. Womp womp.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump and Putin are connected, as I explain in my posts.

Putin says he favours Biden, but I think that's actually misdirection.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Putin is lying, he actually wants Trump because he's pro Putin and anti Ukraine.

Mars

Staff Member
Putin is lying, he actually wants Trump because he's pro Putin and anti Ukraine.
Of course he is lying! He wants Biden to win, really? No one in his right mind would believe this: why would he favour a pro-Ukraine president? Makes no sense, and if it makes no sense, it is not true.
I mean, let us not forget that this is the man who confirmed that Navalny died of natural causes...he fell in the snow...

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
So, Trump has won the primary and is inching closer to a second presidential term (even though he's loaded down with 4 major lawsuits that he's somehow managing to mostly dodge) which would be a nightmare for America and the world. This article explains how it would specifically be bad for Britain. And it would be really bad. The icing on this disaster cake would be if the tories won the next election, which, thankfully, seems to be very unlikely.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
So, on the day that Trump wins the primary, the Supreme Court sets a date of 25th April to hear oral arguments on his presidential immunity claim. Is it just me who finds that a little suspicious?

Given how they let him off the hook on Amendment 14, section 3, letting him stay on the ballot despite obvious insurrection and making it impossible to enforce this part of the Constitution, I have a feeling that they're gonna let him off the hook here, too. If that happens and he wins a second term, it really will be a waking nightmare for America and the world as their democracy / Constitution will get thrown out the window. He'll go full dictator mode and will just bump off whomever he likes, perhaps even openly, among hundreds of other awful things. They will have ushered in a second Putin. Believe it.

Supreme Court sets date to hear Donald Trump’s immunity case

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is a very good summary of what should have happened, but what instead, is actually happening. If this was the plot to some political thriller, one would say it's absurd and couldn't happen, yet, insanely, it is.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've just watched a recording of Biden's State of the Union on CNN. I thought it was excellent and delivered really powerfully. Having seen this, I have more confidence that he can beat Trump - who would be disqualified if there wasn't so much corruption - in November.

I agreed with everything he said and he's clearly achieved a lot of things I'd never even heard about.

Perhaps he could be the UK's PM after his presidency? If only, lol.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I like Robert De Niro's take on the nightmare of a second Trump presidency. :)

Robert De Niro has urged US voters to support Joe Biden in a bid for “normalcy”, warning that a Donald Trump win would result in “the nightmare”.

Appearing on the latest episode of Real Time with Bill Maher,the famously outspoken Hollywood star discussed the forthcoming 2024 election.

“We wanna live in a world that we want to live in and enjoy living in, or live in a nightmare?” De Niro asked his host. “Vote for Trump and you’ll get the nightmare, vote for Biden and we’ll be back to normalcy.”

The Goodfellas actor explained: “I just don’t want to feel the way I did (and many of us did) the many months after the election in 2016, where we couldn’t believe that it happened. [Trump] is a total monster…

“I don’t understand it,” he continued, questioning why people vote for Trump. “I guess they get behind that kind of logic, they wanna f*** with people, screw them, because they’re unhappy about something. He’s such a mean, nasty, hateful person.”

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump's cash crisis due to the court fines is really starting to bite now and, crucually, there's no one coming to bail him out. This is great news as it will significantly weaken him, helping to break the cult spell that he's cast over his base, making him less popular. This alone might save us from a second Trump presidency nightmare come voting time in November since we know that money is nearly everything when it comes to political campaigns.

Donald Trump’s campaign is having to cut costs and aggressively seek out new funding as the Republican 2024 candidate confronts a cash crisis heading into the general election.

The former president, 77, faces the compounding issue of growing legal bills at the same time as a shortfall in donations to bankroll his bid to return to the White House.

Having seen off his last Republican rival, Nikki Haley, Mr Trump is now trying to address the glaring disparity his campaign faces with Joe Biden and the Democrats.

Mr Trump’s campaign had $30.5 million of cash, compared with Mr Biden’s $56 million, according to the latest financial disclosures.

Meanwhile the Biden campaign made $10m immediately after the State of the Union address, making it even harder for Trump. I love that last paragraph in the quote mocking Trump. Check it out.

The Biden campaign brought in $10 million in donations in the 24 hours after President Biden’s State of the Union address, as Biden continues to build a cash advantage over former President Trump, the likely GOP nominee.

The Biden campaign said Sunday that it was the largest 24-hour haul of the campaign so far. This followed news that February was its best grassroots fundraising month to date.

“We thank our grassroots supporters who are motivated more than ever to reelect President Biden and Vice President Harris,” Biden campaign manager Julie Chávez Rodriguez said in a statement. “The President’s State of the Union address reminded so many of our supporters who is fighting for them, and the stakes of this election for our freedoms, our rights, and our democracy.”

“We send our condolences to the other guy and his flailing, poor campaign,” she added. “Turns out attacking women’s rights, cutting taxes for the rich, and attacking American democracy isn’t exactly a winning message.”

live627

Oh, now I understand all the fuss over Trump running out off cash due to legal fees. It's the campaign finances, not his personal wealth, nor his revenue streams.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It screws up his personal and campaign finances hence Biden is now mocking him for it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
As soon as I heard Trump say he’d end the Ukraine war in a day all that time ago, I knew this is what he meant. He’s a nasty piece of work who’s already misusing his influence with the GOP to block the $60b that Ukraine so desperately needs. There must be a way to get round that block, surely? Doesn't Biden have some executive power that could override it, or use the courts, perhaps?

Donald Trump will not fund Ukraine's fight against Russia's invasion if he is elected US president again, Hungarian PM Viktor Orban has said.

"He will not give a penny in the Ukraine-Russia war. That is why the war will end," the conservative premier said after meeting Mr Trump in Florida.

The former US president has pledged to end the war "within 24 hours" if elected - but provided no details.

Mr Orban is openly backing his long-term ally in the 2024 White House race.

"It is obvious that Ukraine cannot stand on its own feet," Mr Orban told Hungary's M1 TV channel late on Sunday.

"If the Americans don't give money and weapons, along with the Europeans, then the war is over. And if the Americans don't give money, the Europeans alone are unable to finance this war. And then the war is over."

live627

Orban is based. He knows what's up..

There must be a way to get round that block, surely? Doesn't Biden have some executive power that could override it, or use the courts, perhaps?
Pretty sure that executive powers play second fiddle to laws passed by congress. Checks and balances for a healthy Republic.
  • The legislative branch makes laws, but the judicial branch can declare those laws unconstitutional.
  • The executive branch can declare Executive Orders, which are like proclamations that carry the force of law, but the judicial branch can declare those acts unconstitutional.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I know about those checks & balances and in general they're a force for good, but in this case they're being abused by Trump's malign influence. You're probably right that Biden can't get round it, or he'd have done that by now. I fear this will be the death knell for Ukraine.

live627

Not malishous nor is it abusive. He's trying to d o what's in We the People's interest: to stop sending taxpayer monies into the bottomless pit known a s Ukraine when we have our own border problems.

Back
Top Bottom