The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump now openly sides with dictators and despots. What more proof does one need that he's bad news and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the reigns of power? This beggars belief.

Donald Trump has aligned himself with Vladimir Putin and Viktor OrbƔn in his latest attempt to deflect from his criminal proceedings and win over supporters in his bid for the White House.

Speaking at a packed-out venue at the University of New Hampshire in Durham on Saturday, the presidential hopeful quoted Putin and welcomed compliments from Mr OrbƔn.

Mr Trump used the Russian and Hungarian leaders to push his message that the criminal cases against him are a coordinated persecution to diminish his lead in general election polls.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I saw a segment of that speech this morning. Even the conservative news outlets are calling him out.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The New York fraud trial is going so badly for Trump it's just unreal lol. I love the sarcasm directed at Trump in the AG's official response. :ROFLMAO:

Sarcasm and frustration practically drip from the latest filing in the case by the New York attorney general's office, which complains about the Trump team's "antics," "maneuvers," and "sound bites."

"The most ineffective team of experts that Defendants' money can buy," the Monday filing snarks of Trump's more than $2 million in paid witnesses.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Finally one state has the guts to bar Trump from the ballot over his insurrection. It will likely now go to the US Supreme Court, where it's vital that the ban is upheld. If it is, Trump is likely to be done for as other states will follow suite. Unfortunately, Trump stuffed the SC with his Republican cronies, so let's see if they do the right thing instead of supporting him.

ā€œA majority of the court holds that Trump is disqualified from holding the office of president under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment,ā€ the court wrote in its 4-3 decision.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
So, Colorado pulled it off and several other states might follow. Vivek Ramaswamy asks the other Republican candidates to support Trump by removing their names from the ballot, say what? No candidate will do that. I believe this is an unpopular ruling for those that dislike a nanny-state. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds through appeals.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The Big Baby is now crying about being taken off the ballot in Colorado, bless. There there, give him a dummy to keep him quiet. :rolleyes:

Trump claims he's not an insurrectionist: yeah, pull the other one. I saw his rally and then the insurrection happen live on CNN. He did it alright.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump smells! :ROFLMAO: Who knew? Everyone who met him in person, apparently. Note how a former Republican is saying this, so Trump can't accuse this of being a Democrat conspiracy.

Adam Kinzinger, a former Republican representative, encouraged people to ā€˜wear a maskā€™ when theyā€™re in the presence of former president Donald Trump due to his apparent odor.

Mr Kinzinger, a vocal critic of Mr Trump, took to his Twitter account this week to insinuate that the former president possesses a strong smell.

ā€œIā€™m genuinely surprised how people close to Trump havenā€™t talked about the odor,ā€ Mr Kinzinger wrote earlier this week.

ā€œItā€™s truly something to behold. Wear a mask if you can,ā€ he added.

The accusation garnered a lot of attention on the platform, with many mocking the former president for his alleged smell.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is great news. He knows this has the power to neutralise him once and for all. I hope he's losing sleep over it. Add this to the financial woes he's experiencing from losing the fraud case and it should ruin him. He can then moan as much as he wants on his precious Lies Social platform, but it won't help him any.

Former President Donald Trump is badly shaken by the Colorado Supreme Court decision removing him from the primary ballot ā€” far more so than he is letting on, argued White House reporter Brian Karem in Salon.

'Trump is terrified': White House reporter says ex-president is reeling after ballot boot

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is a setback for the prosecution, but shouldn't derail the case, hopefully. The danger of course, is that it could push the case to after the election, where if Trump wins, which he stands a reasonable chance of doing unfortunately, then he could make all the cases against him go away and hence never face justice for his crimes.

Note that this is a developing story, so read it and then return later for more details.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Playing dirty against Trump, an ad plays on the Trump smells theme. It would be hilarious if he lost the election because he smells rather than any other reason. Ya know, forget the important stuff like an insurrection and stealing hords of classified government documents and rampant fraud, it's this that matters.

#TrumpSmellsBad is trending.

The Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump PAC, released a foul ad doubling down on allegations that former president Donald Trump smells.

The Lincoln Project seized upon the resulting social media firestorm with a video advertisement on Saturday, with the caption: ā€œIs that you Donald? #TrumpSmells.ā€

The ad begins with scenes of dumps, waste, and dung ā€” with flies swarming around it ā€” and is punctuated by a chorus of coughs, sniffles, and vomiting.

The video then shows garbage being picked up and piled up on the streets of New York.

I previously posted about his odour, here:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a great reason why the Supreme Court will never agree to Trump's total presidential criminal immunity claim while in power even though he stacked the deck in his favour with Republicans sympathetic to him: because it would undermine them! Great how the instinct for self preservation can work out for the best sometimes, eh? ;) I'm getting a real chuckle out of this one.

"IF the Supreme Court is an honest broker of the law (I know, I know), it will also refuse to review Trumpā€™s BS immunity claim once itā€™s rejected by the DC appeals court," he wrote. "Please remember this: if the court bestows upon Trump absolute immunity, thereby putting him out of reach of our nationā€™s criminal laws, the Supreme Court will have demoted itself to a second-class branch of government, as Trump could then commit any crime he wished in efforts to undermine the authority of the Supreme Court."

Adding that the "Supreme Court LOVES its supreme status," he suggested tyhe nation's highest court "will NEVER relinquish it by ruling that a president is above the law. So, if nothing else, take heart in the Supreme Courtā€™s allegiance to . . . itself, and its own supreme status."

The Supreme Court has good reason to smack Trump down over presidential immunity: expert

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That's it, keep playing dirty with Trump and put the voters off about his body odour. I mean that's really offputting, no? Who wants a smelly president?

It would be insane for him to lose the election (assuming he's not struck off first) because he smells rather than anything minor like an insurrection and hoarding top secret government documents, but I could believe it. Just put people off him anyway possible, I don't care how.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Looks like stuffing the Supreme Court with his cronies isn't gonna help him after all and it looks like Trump is losing sleep over this. That's great, may his nightmare come true and ours not.

Mars

Staff Member
Indeed!
2024 doesn't look too promising for this charlatan; I join your wish about the nightmare.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
What better way to start posting in 2024 than with more bad news for Trump?! :)

The headlines are buzzing with Trump news lately and nearly all of it is bad news for him. This article explains how at least one lawsuit is likely to result in a prison sentence for him; fetching orange jumpsuit awaits (one size fits all). There's also a general recap of the serious legal troubles he's in. Better you than me, mate.

I can't get over how, at his age and with his wealth, he could have not bothered going for president and just lived out his remaining days in a low key way like any regular filthy rich citizen, living the life of Riley in extreme luxury and, crucially, low stress, much of it delivered from the property fraud that he perpetrated over so many years. He'd have gotten away with that too as no one cared about his finances before becoming president. But, he's too much of a self important narcissist who couldn't resist his lust for dictatorship power and corruption, hence, he's really dropped himself in it now and prosecutors are gonna hold him to account for it. His continuing stupid all-caps rants at his accusers and the legal system on Truth Social and to the press make it all that much easier for them to nail him, too.

He vowed to drain the swamp, but as was clear from the start, the swamp was him and drained it will be.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yup, yet more Trump headlines and this is a nice one: he's getting sued for yet more fraud! Yes, another lawsuit has landed on his doorstep, fresh for 2024 lol and this one could sting him for millions when he loses. :)

Looks like this one is for a pyramid scheme scam. Why am I not surprised that he'd do something like that?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Why Trump's Republican political opponents don't dare hit him where it hurts him the most, the Jan 6th insurrection: because his core followers, his "base", just don't care about this or any of his other crimes, which, weirdly, just make them feel closer to him. Quite frustrating really that they're willing to overlook the most important criminal act he's done. This is why forcing Trump off the ballot as per the Constitution is so critically important as then it doesn't matter what those fools think. However, I have a nasty suspicion that the Supreme Court might rule in his favour in the end, despite the arguments against that in a recent previous post here, as they'll be too worried about civil unrest and perhaps their own necks and hence appease them - the very worst thing they could do. I seriously hope I'm wrong.

And a new poll published on Tuesday by The Washington Post and the University of Maryland showed that Republican voters are becoming even less interested in holding Trump to account for January 6, 2021. While 55% of all US adults view the storming of the Capitol as an attack on democracy that never should be forgotten, 72% or Republicans think itā€™s time to move on. Two years ago, 27% of Republicans thought that Trump bore ā€œa great dealā€ or ā€œa good amountā€ of responsibility for the attack. Now, only 14% do, according to the poll, which followed months of Trump portraying those jailed over the attack as political prisoners.

While democracy is a focus of many lawmakers, experts and journalists in the political world, itā€™s a less tangible issue in the rest of the country, where high prices lingering from the Covid-19 pandemic, for instance, have more resonance with most voters.

The polling of Republican voters shows why Trump has found it so easy to capitalize on his multiple indictments and episodes like Colorado and Maine throwing him off the ballot. And it explains why DeSantis and Haley criticize Trump obliquely but are yet to confront him for taking American democracy to the brink.

How can it be such a low figure of 55% of all US adults that care about holding him to account for the insurrection? It should be in the high 90s. This is the cult of Trump and I mean it literally: he's literally a cult leader. This is why it's more important than ever not to appease as it will usher in a Putin-loving dictator in America who will likely try to remain in power indefinitely, forget about just the 4 years he's allowed by the Constitution, let alone all the other damage he's gonna do, which he's literally said so.

@Tiffany @live627 you might be interested in this article.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Why? I don't care about this nonsense.
Well, I wasn't to know, was I? You're American, so I figured you would be. And of course it's not nonsense, or I wouldn't have a massive thread dedicated to it.

I'm intrigued why you think it is, though. Are you a Trump supporter, perhaps? It's ok if you are, there are others on here that are and all are equally welcome here. :)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Good, mythbusting article.

The debate over the 14th Amendment has encouraged the myth that the voters are free to choose whomever they want for president. Politicians across party lines are not addressing the merits of whether former president Donald Trump is disqualified from serving as president for engaging in the January 6 insurrection. Rather, the political class is almost uniformly proclaiming that it is up to the voters to decide if he is qualified to be president.

It's up to the voters to decide? False, it's the Constitution that decides.

Back
Top Bottom