The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Why am I not surprised? A man who bases his whole existence on corruption and lies is going to have an organisation that's rotten to the core, which we see here.

Good find, Tiffs.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Apparently a very hostile environment. 😐 I'm sure that's how all of his business entities are run too? 😒

Trump is a Type D on the DISC Personality Profile. No thanks!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
At long last the net is finally beginning to close in on Trump directly. Just check out this quote from the article:

The congressional panel investigating last year's Capitol riot has issued a legal summons ordering former President Donald Trump to testify to lawmakers.

Addressing him, the document reads: "You were at the center of the first and only effort by any US President to overturn an election."

It goes on: "You knew this activity was illegal and unconstitutional."

So gloriously accusatory! If he refuses to submit certain documents, or appear for the hearing on around 14th November, then the DOJ could actually file criminal procedings against him. He's running out of road, let's hope it runs out sooner rather than later.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump branded "biggest loser" for failure of red wave to materialise. :ROFLMAO: Now that DeSantis has won, it might put him off running again, hopefully.

What bugs me, is how the criminal investigations which would stop him dead in his tracks seem to be going nowhere. Anyone else would have been charged and in court by now. The dirty dealings in secret to hold them at bay must going on like crazy or he wouldn't be promising a "big announcement" next Tuesday.

He's got billions, so the bottom line is that he can pay anyone off. That's pretty frustrating when he should be brought to justice.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The Republicans totally underperformed for this election and I believe really didn't take some of the issues the Democrats were running on as important, such as the abortion issue, which is a broad complicated issue and everyone needs to put aside their agenda to work through it.

The only red wave was in Florida. Miame-Dade county was flipped red for the first time in years. DeSantis has a lot of class, you may not like his ideology, but if anyone can handle Trump, it's DeSantis. Trump has already threatened DeSantis's lawyers that DeSantis shouldn't run for President in 2024 and has threatened to dish out dirt on DeSantis. I think DeSantis is saying "bring it".

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Check out this scathing article from a right wing paper. They actually call him Trumpty Dympty after the candidates that he backed almost all lost. So humiliating! :ROFLMAO:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
You won't have to worry about Trump, he's doing himself in by trying to trash DeSantis, governor of Florida. Too many people like DeSantis in Florida as with most red states (republican dominated states). Trump, by his "mine is bigger than yours" reference and "I made you otherwise you wouldn't be governor" and others hateful words towards DeSantis, is turning off a large amount of republicans already. This will no longer work for Trump as a tactic to call other politicians by nicknames.

The house (congress) hasn't been officially called as flipped to Republicans yet, and the senate won't be called because there are three states with issues, Nevada and Arizona, still counting ballots (which is shameful by the way) and Georgia will have an election runoff on December 6.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, it's beginning to look like Trump's finally finished. The Cult of Trump, reflected by his undeserved popularity is a bubble that's truly burst now, with only the completely deluded supporting him now. That's what's been propping him up all this time.

I can't see him becoming president in 2024, now. Given this, I think it will embolden the people investigating him to finally charge him with something now and hopefully put him away. At his age,it has the bonus that any sentence is likely to effectively be a life sentence, too.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Even the Republicans have reached out to him and asked that he waits to make his announcement on running for president.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, I just read about that in a CNN article on internal rifts in the Republican party. Sweet news.

Without his Republican voter base he's got nothing. Can't wait for him to drop out of politics for good.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Sensible republicans are slipping away from Trump and looking elsewhere, though there still are some die-hard Trumpers. That's why DeSantis is getting so much attention because he's seen as a savior to the republican party right now.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I always have liked the reporting that comes from the Guardian. Fresh info on a candidate race I wasn't watching too closely but now I have more awareness...thanks @Retro

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
So, Trump is running for a third time. Hopefully, he'll get derailed and will be gone from politics forever. If nothing else, he should get nailed in the criminal investigations. However, it's taking them an awful long time to get round to it.

I suspect that there's back room dealings going on preventing them from pulling the trigger on him. Basically, when you're a billionaire, you can buy almost anyone off, which is what I suspect here. I suspect that running for president might put them off even further, although it shouldn't.

Arantor

Do note that what put his fan base off him is not his attitude, but losing. That spectre now hangs over him, that he above all else is a loser. And that is harder than anything to shake off.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh yes, the one thing he can't stand is losing and being seen as a loser. Hope this helps to bring him down.

Arantor

Well, given how quickly his former supporters are turning on him, it's not just him that has a problem being a loser. That's an interesting intersection with Johnson; all the time his star was rising, people will continue to vote for him because they'd rather have a winner in the big office, not a bureaucrat, even if that winner 'got all the big calls wrong'.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The next two years in America will be nothing but investigations, hateful headlines between both parties, maybe some riots in the summer again.....we all need a break from this. It only took less then 48 hours for the Republican's to announce their investigation on Hunter Biden, and for AG Garland to announce a criminal investigation on Trump. The Ununited America.....Good grief!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I know, he's made a real mess of America. I really detest populists after seeing what Trump and Boris Johnson are like.

Back
Top Bottom